Oman 2030 – Didactic process support system
Didactic process support system is a tool for:
- diagnostic student’s skills & abilities to evaluate performance potential
- identify students who need to take the so-called after classes activities or those who are to partake in development activities, delivering extra information
The diagnostic test aims at knowledge verification in the following subjects:
- maths & science
Key features & elements:
- Diagnosis – an online courses with single or multiple choice type questions
- After classes & development activities – online content, prepared by an assigned teacher, to study by selected students
- Early talent identification & promotion – developing individual learning plans for exceptionally talented students
- Online tutoring – signing up for individual lessons with available tutors, whose bios are available to read. Each online tutoring is conducted via an online conference system
- Exam prep program – a complete learning program aiming at preparing students to take compulsory exams
- Work performance report – a summary of learning activities results, taken up throughout the didactic support program
- Assessing & supporting school performance quality – an insight into school performance presented in charts & graphs
How does it work?
- Each student is diagnosed on the basis of an online course.
- Having gone through the early diagnostic test, the student receives a set of proper courses to deliver lacking knowledge (after classes activities) or to extra knowledge (development program).
- The second approach to early diagnosis (the very same was approached in the beginning) is to provide insight into whether any progress was made.
- Two diagnostic tests serve as a basis for proper knowledge verification & arriving at conclusion whether any progress can be observed.
Why do that & what’s the purpose?
- Reduce the difference in skills & abilities between students across the country
- Multiple knowledge diagnosis performed on both students with learning problems & exceptionally talents ones
- Individual development program; extra classes (at school & home) for students aiming at excelling in maths & science and humanities (all online courses address different competency levels)
- Implementing state-of-the-art education & assessment procedures & solutions, characterized by higher effectiveness (e-learning, online attendance tracking software, didactic portal with e-learning content, serious gaming & tests)
- Delivering information, with feedback on taken up past development activities, on the number of students with exceptional learning needs